The online Refresher Breastfeeding Training Course is specifically designed for those healthcare providers who have done the initial comprehensive training for Baby Friendly requirements and who now need a yearly refresher option. When completed, the course offers 7 credit hours. Learners may choose from AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM, L-CERPS, AAFP Prescribed Credit, Virginia Nurses Association contact hours, CPE dietitian credits or a Certification of Participation.
Coursework is self-paced. The system remembers where you stop in an exercise and returns you to that place when you next log on. Completed exercises can be reviewed as often as desired. Through the evaluation survey, you will have the opportunity to provide feedback on your learning experience.
Course content is appropriate for all healthcare providers.
The Breastfeeding Training Refresher Course includes access to all exercises and a choice of certified credit. Users have access to the course for 12 months following registration.
Refresher Breastfeeding Training Course Outline:
- National Breastfeeding Goals, Policies and Trends
- Counseling Strategies
- Labor and Delivery
- Breastfeeding Initiation and Maintenance
- Latch and Positioning
- Solving Breastfeeding Problems
- Step 3: Breastfeeding Education for the New Mother
- Step 4: Initiate Breastfeeding in the First Hour
- Step 5: Maintaining Lactation
- Step 6: Exclusive Breastfeeding
- Step 7: Rooming-In
- Step 8: Breastfeeding on Demand
- Step 9: No Artificial Nipples or Pacifiers